THE 21 COMMANDMENTS OF JESUS
Jesus taught and demonstrated metaphysics-- the truth of life. Most seminaries teach ministers and then ministers teach their congregations that God is a "person" and Jesus came to forgive our "sins" so we could live better physical lives and prepare for heaven after we die. This is taught despite the the many verses in the NT which clearly indicate that our reality is spiritual and we can regain our birthright (Genesis 1) and receive the truth from the holy spirit NOW and thus dominion over the flesh ("which profiteth nothing").
Romans 8:2 For the law of Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
The two OT commandments which Jesus said were the most important were the first and second--In short, Love God with all your heart, mind and soul, and love your neighbor as yourself. These are the most important because they indicate and prepare us for the fact that we cannot get to God through ANY material or worldly means. Only by letting go of all worldly thoughts (slaying the old man) can we even conceive of living these first two commandments. They are our guide and direction from the OT in the way which Christ now teaches us to go-- toward the Truth which will make us free.
1. John 7:12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another as I have loved you.
2. Matt 6:33 Seek ye first the Kingdom of heaven (and all things will be added unto you.)
3. II Cor 10:5 “… bring[ing] into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.”
4. II Cor 4:18 Look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.
5. Col 3:2 Set your minds on things above, not earthly things for you died and your life is hidden with Christ in God.
6. Eph 4:22 Put off … the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; and be renewed in the spirit of your mind.
7. Matt 10:28 Fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to kill both body and soul in hell.
8. Matt 23:8 Do not call anyone on Earth father; you have one Father in heaven (also John 1:12)
9. Matt 6:25 Take no thought for your [physical] life, what you shall eat, or what you shall drink, nor yet for your body…
10. John 15: 16 …go and bear fruit—fruit that will last [eternal]—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you.
11 Mark 16:17,18
And these signs shall follow them that believe: In my name shall they cast out devils…they shall lay hands on the sick and they shall recover.
12 John 4:24
God is Spirit: they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and truth.
13 I Cor 10:7 Do ye look on things after outward appearance? [Don’t]
14 II Cor 5:8 be willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the lord.
15 Matt 10:39
He that findeth his life shall lose it, but he that loses his life for my sake shall find it.
16. Rom 12:2
Do not conform…to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that by experience you may have knowledge of the good and pleasing and complete purpose of God.
17 Ephesians 6:12 Do not war against the flesh. [It only encourages the lie]
18 Luke 4:18 Preach deliverance to the captives [of material sense] and recovery of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised.
19. John 8:51 If a man keep my sayings he shall never see death.
20. John 14:12 Whoever believes in me will also do the works that I am doing. He will do even greater works than these because I am going to my Father.
21 Col 3:14
And over all these virtues put on Love which binds them all together in perfect unity.
When we begin to think only God’s thoughts (based on the attributes we share) we are given the Truth that makes us FREE. This is God's "science", truth, not just religion-- it's true for every human being.
From Jim Gleeson's upcoming book, The World We See, Thank God it's Not the Real One.