The Meaning of Christmas
For God so loved the world... Christ came to bring the Truth to light. He said His kingdom was "not of this world." What if His message was not religion at all but the Truth of Life?
Here are Five Ways the true message of Jesus brings the Peace of God to a lost world:
1. Christ moved past Religion to demonstrate the truth of Life-- Eph 4:22 "Put off ... the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; and be renewed in the spirit of your mind." 2 Tim 1:10 "but now has been revealed by the appearing of our Savior, Christ Jesus, who abolished death, and brought life and immortality to light ..." We are all so pre-occupied with the thoughts of the flesh, we are oblivious to the higher truth of Spirit available in us and all around us.
2. Christ demonstrated every day for three years that outward appearances of the senses were and are lies. We see as "through a glass darkly." Cor 10:7 "Do ye look on things after outward appearance?" We can learn to experience the truth and the complete peace of Spiritual Consciousness.
3. Christ brought the message of consistency-- it's not enough to just believe, but if we will practice mental consistency we will be rewarded with "the peace that passeth understanding." II Cor 10:5 "Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ." Be aware of the Truth at all times and the lies of sickness, disease, lack and death will become inconsequential against the eternal Truth.
4. Christ demonstrated and taught that all Truth comes directly from God. He said, "Of myself I can do nothing." WITH God there was nothing He could NOT do. All have access to this Truth which is discerned by releasing all worldly thoughts to discover the ever-presence of God. 1 John 2:27 "You have anointing; you have no need for anyone to teach you- His anointing teaches you all things." John 14:2 "Whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and even greater than these because I am going to the Father." John 17:14 "You are not of this world any more than I am of this world."
5. Christ brought the peace of knowing that there is NOTHING to fear. "Do not fear those that can Kill the body." We do not need to wait until "death" for salvation. We are eternal spiritual beings NOW. 1 John 2:17 "And the world passeth away and the lust thereof, but he that doeth the will of the God abideth forever." 1 John 2:20 "But you have an unction [healing] from the Holy One, and ye know all things." Christ, is the savior because He saves whoever will do His will from the lies, limitation, and punishment of a false material "world of the senses" by showing and demonstrating the Truth of Spirit-- health, supply and eternal life.
Jesus taught no theology or dogma. His teaching and His daily demonstrations, or healings, were entirely spiritual/metaphysical. They were not confined to religion, but apply to EVERYONE on Earth. God is Love--
Col 3:14 "And over all these virtues put on Love which binds them all together in perfect unity." Only in the Truth of Spirit can we know this Love.
These ideas are expanded and put in context of today's world in Jim Gleeson's seminal book,
SCIENCE GOD and YOU-- The Ancient Theory of Everything. Available on Amazon